Join Stevi Góngora (@casa_colibri) and Erin Kelly (@ErinKellyArt) for a 5 DAY, 50-HR Creative Sequencing Teacher Training (YTT) in the beautiful and quaint town Marshall. Five days of collective creativity, intricate movement, and inspiration both on and off the mat just 30 minutes North of Asheville, North Carolina.
An intimate and community building experience, this 50 HR YTT is the perfect setting for those wishing to continue and expand upon their creative movement journey. In this module we dive into all aspects of logical creativity on the mat, as well as pull information from other artistic projects in nature and all around us. Expect to experiment with a wide variety of movement modalities to find fresh inspiration in your class creation, whether for your own personal practice or your teachings. Delve into the WHY behind the way so that while we are crafting fluid intricate transitions, we are also fully aware of the anatomy and intention behind the creation.
The 5 days will be full, but gratifying, and the atmosphere of the riverside, artist town in Spring will help spark growth and play in your movement. Upon completion, graduates who have previously completed a 200HR Yoga Alliance approved teacher training program (from any school) will be eligible to apply this 50 hour training toward their 500HR Yoga Teacher Registry as part of our 300HR Modular Hybrid Program. (Yoga Alliance Registered). Not interested in the whole program? No problem. Hours completed are still counted as continued eduction for YogaAlliance.org. Note: Hours are earned not bought and the 50HR certificate is contingent on attending all offerings, as well as passing the online practicum exam that happens after
Creative sequencing from many angles
Bringing in outside modalities
Pulling inspiration from work off the mat
The power of collective brainstorming
Helpful movement mechanics
Motivating introspective practices
Crafting our personal creative language
Unique prop usage
MAY 13TH -17TH, 2024
M-F 7:30am – 6:30pm
IN-PERSON – $800 USD PAID-IN-FULL
Optional Payment Plan – $400 Deposit + $500 Balance
Marshall High Studios – 115 Blannahassett Island Road
Marshall, NC 28753
FEE FOR TRAINING INCLUDES:
- 5 Day Intensive 50-Hour Teacher Training Module
- Printed Course Book w/ Syllabus
- Daily Flow Classes in a Variety of Styles
- In depth and interactive lectures on Anatomy, Creative Webbing, Dynamic Movements, Unique Prop Usage, the Importance of Transitions, Utilizing Outside Movement Modalities, Logical Creativity, and MORE.
- Practice crafting and verbalizing a variety of classes/workshops/sequences
- Assuming eligibility and satisfactory completion of all hours/tests, ability to add this 50HR continued education module toward our 300HR Modular Hybrid Program. (Yoga Alliance Registered)
Additional Items (Not included):
- Lodging + travel costs (suggested airport is Asheville, NC)*
- Meals + snacks
* Additional helpful information regarding travel & accomodation included later on this page
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL $400 DEPOSITS ARE NONREFUNDABLE & NONTRANSFERABLE. IF YOU’RE UTILIZING THE PAY IN FULL OPTION, THEN $400 OF YOUR PAYMENT BECOMES THAT NONTRANSFERABLE/NONREFUNDABLE DEPOSIT. ALL PAYMENTS ARE NONREFUNDABLE/NONTRANSFERABLE (60 DAYS BEFORE EVENT). SEE BELOW FOR FULL REFUND POLICY.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY
In an effort to provide valuable, but accessible continued education, Authentic Movements offers a variety of flexible payment options outside of the advertised price. If you need a different price or a payment plan, please don’t hesitate to reach out via our scholarship form. You can also email us at i[email protected] if you have any additional questions.
Need a scholarship? Please apply HERE
Who is this training for?
This 50 HR Advanced Teacher Training is for anyone wanting to further their exploration and implementation of logical creativity into their personal practice and/or teaching. We believe that being confident in your ability to thoughtfully craft and dictate intentional and unique classes makes for a more helpful and impactful teacher. Plus you’ll be able to put your own creative spin on your classes while simultaneously helping your students progress and play in an efficient manner. Going through this YTT will provide you with key techniques to take away and apply to your students as well as a deeper understanding of the body so you will feel empowered to apply your techniques to a range of students, beginner- advanced. Not a teacher? No problem! Delving into creative sequencing is also instrumental for personal practice purposes, and you’ll still find the vast majority of the offerings applicable.
This training is open to everyone although we do recommend at least 1-2 years of regular, solid practice. You don’t have to be part of our 300HR Modular Hybrid Program to attend a module. If you don’t particular care about earning a certificate and simply want to enjoy a week of creativity and play, then there is no need to attend all sessions. Pick and choose those that are right for you. Not sure if you’re the right fit for this training? Email us here! [email protected]
This 50HR module is offered as a stand alone continued education course for ANYONE, but is also a necessary component our 300HR (500HR Track) Hybrid Modular Program. Whether you decide to join the program before or after your time in Marshall, we are confident that the time spent together, practicing and exploring in a community setting, will offer countless tips and tools to take home.
**You do NOT need a 200HR training to attend this event, just a regular movement practice.**
*8:00am – 10:30am – Morning introspection + Flow
*10:30am – 11:30am – Break
*11:30am – 2:00pm – Lecture + Workshop + Teaching Methodologies P1
*2:00pm – 3:30pm – Break (lunch suggested)
*3:30pm – 5:00pm – Lecture + Workshop + Teaching Methodologies P2
*5:00pm – 6:30pm – Restorative & Recovery
This schedule may vary on a daily basis, and there may be a bit more free time on some days as well as some short and helpful homework assignments.
We ask that attendees please be on time to avoid delays. Some morning or evening studio time will be silent time to allow those with a meditation practice to create a calm and comfortable space. While those looking to register with Yoga Alliance for the 300HR Modular Hybrid Program will need to attend all sessions to accumulate the required hours, we ask that you honor your body and simply observe whenever needed.
Note: This training is a sober event. We ask that all attendees refrain from drinking or drug usage (including marijuana) during the full course of the training dates. Authentic Movements attracts quite a few students who are sober and/or in recovery, and we aim to create a safe space for all attendees. Thank you for understanding.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY
Curious ABOUT OUR 300HR (500HR Track) Hybrid Program?
All virtual modules required for this program are now available so you can get started today!
What to Expect…
The Authentic Movements 50HR Creative Sequencing Module will offer a brave & playful community space to explore and practice the basics behind expanding our collective creativity. The module will be broken up into a variety of daily parts that build on each other and allow time for both practice and implementation of skills taught.
- Morning Introspection + Movement Session: We will start the day with different introspection techniques to tap into our personal creativity. These may include but are not limited to journaling, mantra, interpretive dance, quick art projects, meditation, discussion, animal movements, and MORE. Following the brief introspection, each day will tackle different forms of creative sequencing in a unique movement class. Expect unusual transitions, interesting prop usage, and intentional cues sprinkled throughout the posture mimics as we work toward making peak pose sequencing more satisfying, more accessible, and more fun! Finish the morning session with sequence analysis to review techniques used and brainstorm additional changes in order to implement them for future use.
- Lecture 1 – Understanding the WHY: The morning lecture (post breakfast) will be a mix of anatomy, sequencing lectures, exploring outside modalities, and getting deeper into our creative project off the mat. Attendees will review both basic and in-depth anatomy to truly digest all presented material. By understanding the WHY behind our sequence creations, we will better be able to serve both ourselves and our students, so expect discussions and critical thinking instead of simple presentations of right and wrong. In addition to anatomy, late morning lecture will include sequencing lectures + short activities, discussions around intention, and introduction of outside movement modalities to expand the reach of our teaching. Any extra time will be spent on creativity OFF the mat through art in a wide variety of forms.
- Lecture 2 – Implementing the HOW: The afternoon lecture (post lunch) will focus mainly on implementation of skills learned. This will include practice teaching, sequencing creation and demonstration, and working as a collective consciousness to craft a diverse library of tools that all attendees will then be able to take home for extrapolation and usage. Now is the time to work on both developing logical creativity in sequencing for a variety of audiences and also practice dictating complex transitions that are key elements of that sequence. Lecture 2 will leave you confident in utilizing the day’s lessons in whatever way best reflects your personal creative language. Any extra time will be spent on creativity OFF the mat through art in a wide variety of forms.
- Evening Movement + Self Reflection: Finish the day with the softer side of movement. Explore how to creatively sequence for more restorative style classes. Delve deep into self with guided meditations thought provoking journaling prompts, and plenty of time for free-form movement to start building your own personal posture and transition bank.
115 Blannahassett Island Road |Marshall, NC 28753
Marshall High Studios resides in an historic brick schoolhouse, built in 1925 as home to the high school for beautiful Marshall, North Carolina. Nestled on a 10 acre island in the French Broad River, this restored and updated building, along with its 26 studios, auditorium, enormous deck, and parklike setting, has attracted artists in all media, including: painting, textiles, jewelry making, sound recording, yoga/movement, ceramics, photography, design, writing, massage, print making, music, and fiber.
TRAVEL & LODGING
Downtown Marshall is located 45 minutes from the Asheville Regional Airport and 2 Hours from Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
There is plenty of free parking at Marsh High Studios
We understand that life happens and things change. We will do our best to be flexible, however, the closer the cancellation is to the actual start date, the less likely it is that we will be able to fill your space. We highly suggest you purchase travel insurance in case of any emergency change of plans, and are happy to answer any other questions that you might have! DEPOSITS ARE ALWAYS NON-REFUNDABLE & NON-TRANSFERABLE. Thanks for understanding.
More than 2 months prior to start date:
Deposit – Non-Refundable & Non-transferable ($400)
Additional Payment after Desposit – Fully Refundable
Less than 2 months prior to start date
Deposit – Non-Refundable & Non-transferable ($400)
Additional Payment after Desposit – Non-Refundable
Videography and Photo Release: There will be Photographs and video taken during training and used for promotional purposes. By signing up for this retreat, you are agreeing to allow any photographs taken of you to be used by Stevi Gongora, Erin Kelly, Bianca Scalisé, and/or Authentic Movements.